Post by CHIP on Mar 12, 2013 14:19:29 GMT -6
How does it work?
ProBoards offers this as a free service, in exchange for targeted ads throughout the site. You also get the ability to upload an attachment of up to 1MB in size to your post, but the storage capability that the forum gets at no cost is minimal, which means that every now and then I would have to go in and delete photos that you uploaded directly to the forum so we make room for new ones.
What do we do with the money?
Forum owners can purchase blocks of ad free credits , which get us 50,000 page views free of any and all ads. This might sound like a lot, but every time you click on a link or a post counts as one page. The more we grow the more pages we will have to see and click on! A good thing.
Ad free credits do not roll over. Unused ad free pages expire at the end of the month. For example, if we were to run out of credits on March 30, I would have to purchase a new block of 50,000 pages, even though we would only use a part of it by the 31st, or I could elect to allow the ads (the content of which I have no control over) until the end of the month. On April 1st, I would have to get a new block of 50,000 pages and whatever was left over from the one bought on the 30st would expire.
I personally (and I know you do too) prefer an ad free environment.
Photo attachments and storage is another upgrade that we spend money on. One 1MB attachment is hardly sufficient, especially when today's mobile phones produce image that are far larger than one megabyte. Photos are of essence and the more we can post, the better!
Our current plan allows for up to 6 attachments per post and files up to 3 megabytes in size, a major and much needed improvement. It also allows us enough storage (for now) to where I do not have to go back and delete photos to make room for new ones. As we grow, the need for more space will grow as well and our storage plan will grow with us.
Now that you have a bit of background on how this works, what is a Benefactor?
A Benefactor is a member that donates money to Wrist Watch Forums and helps with the costs of running it. Donating to Wrist Watch Forums will give you a Benefactor badge for the calendar year and your status will expire on December 31st. There is no set dollar amount, minimum or maximum, but a donation of $20 USD is suggested.
I plan to use all the leftover money from Benefactor donations not needed to keep Wrist Watch Forums ad free and purchase storage for photos to purchase cool stuff for random giveaways amongst the Benefactors.
What do you get in exchange?
- An Ad and Sponsor Free environment.
- You can edit your posts, without a time limit.
- The ability to add a commercial link in your signature.
- The ability to participate in all giveaways that are left for the calendar year.
- Access to the Escapement Café, a private forum that’s only visible to Benefactors. - Nice to have when you want to share something with friends you know here, but not with the general public who can view the rest of the forum.
- Access to the 2nd Amendment Lounge, a place to chat about guns, knives etc.
- Create and maintain your own photo galleries in our Gallery forum.
- Pick a custom color for your name.
- Add a Custom Title below your name, for all to see.
- A cool badge under your name that shows you support WWF.
- Access to your very own, Personal Smilies.
Thanks for considering becoming a Wrist Watch Forums Benefactor and I hope you enjoy your time here.
To ensure a prompt change in your status, please include your screen name in the donation description or send me a PM.
Click here to donate.